PDCPD Large Diameter Butterfly Valves
The giant PDCPD butterfly valve features a molded, lined body with full seat design, eliminating the need for additional gaskets and providing a bubble tight seal. The valve has O-Ring seals for exceptional chemical resistance. The valve's spherical shape reduces breakaway and sealing torque for long cycle life, and its wafer style body minimizes space restrictions. Comprised polydicyclopenthadiene (PDCPD), the Giant Butterfly Valve's body and disc are the only parts that come in contact with media. The valve also has non-wetted metal parts, including the stem and internal components, which offer added strength.
The PDCPD butterfly valve has a molded ISO bolt pattern top flange for accessory mounting. Available in sizes ranging from 32 to 48 in., the valve is rated to a maximum working pressure of 110 psi at 175 degrees.
PDCPD large diameter butterfly valves are quarter turn plastic valves with equal percentage type flow characteristics. They provide moderate flow control and therefore can be used for both on/off and modulating service. Good tolerance to suspended solids but not recommended for use with slurries or debris. The PDCPD large diameter butterfly valve is well suited for a wide variety of fluid flow applications.
Ideal Applications Include:
Isolation valves, water treatment, water features, fountains, aquariums, landfills, swimming pools, power plants, mining, transportation
Features & Benefits:
- High corrosion resistance PDCPD body
- Light Weight – Considerably lighter than metallic valves of same size
- Wafer style body design
- Full seat liner design - Eliminates mating flange gaskets
- Spherical disc design - For maximum flow characteristics
- Non-wetted metal Parts - No metal to media contact
- ISO 5211 F-Series top flange
- 304 SS stem
- Durable cast iron epoxy coated gear-operator
- Class 6 bubble-tight shut-off