The gate valve is the most widely used ON/OFF valve for large diameter, full port applications. When the valve is fully open, it allows straight-through passage through and opening that is essentially the same size as the inside diameter of the connecting pipe. This is why there is little pressure drop through an Asahi/America gate valve. The valve operates when the hand wheel and stem screw (or electric actuator) move a cylindrical plug, the gate, up and down at right angles to the fluid flow. Traditionally, gate valves have been used only for ON/OFF service, but because the unique Asahi/America sliding plug design provides a larger seating area than conventional gate valves, it can be used for throttling. This significantly larger seating area, which runs 360 degrees around the cylindrical plug, has also virtually eliminated the valve chatter normally associated with gate valves. Asahi/America gate valves feature a solid polypropylene plug with a non-rising stem design.
Ideal Applications Include:
ON/OFF, chemical processing, aquariums, mining, water treatment, landfills
Features & Benefits:
- Straight-through flow with minimal pressure drop
- Unique sliding cylindrical plug design provides larger seating area than conventional gate valves
- Made of durable, corrosion resistant plastic
- No metal to media contact anywhere in valve
- Clean-out (drain) plug in bottom area of valve body
- Rated for full vacuum service
- Light weight for easier and economical installation
- Positive bubble-tight shut-off
- Visual position indicator
Note: Actuated and Flanged connection valves are special order with a 3-4 week average lead time.
Asahi Part Numbers:æ1242015, 1242020, 1242030, 1242040, 1242050, 1242060, 1242080, 1242100, 1242120, 1242140, 1251015, 1251020, 1251030, 1251040, 1251050, 1251060, 1251080, 1251100, 1251120, 1251140