Type-14 True Union Diaphragm Valve
The type-14 diaphragm valve features improved body to bonnet sealing performance, visual position indication, weir design for excellent throttling capabilities and built in travel stop to prevent over-tightening and eliminate compressive strain. Bubble tight sealing can be achieved even in tough applications containing suspended particles or slurries.
Asahi's type-14 diaphragm valve features a layered EPDM/PTFE diaphragm which can accept the addition of a PVDF gas barrier for aggressive chemicals such as sodium hypochlorite. These aggressive chemicals produce an off-gas that can permeate the typical laminated PTFE layer and actually become delaminated in this highly corrosive environment leading to a potentially hazardous situation. The Type-14's three-layer diaphragm includes the gas barrier layer, which prevents this from ever occurring. The type-14 diaphragm valve body is of one-piece molded construction and is not fabricated. For maximum corrosion resistance, the type-14 diaphragm valve's rugged body and bonnet are manufactured of solid thermoplastic materials. The type-14 diaphragm valve can be pneumatically or electrically actuated.
Ideal Applications Include:
Throttling, slurry lines, chemical processing, bleach plants, aquariums, mining, water treatment, landfills, swimming pools, semiconductor manufacturing
Features & Benefits:
- Bubble tight sealing even in applications such as slurries or suspended particles, bonnet seals to protect internals from corrosive environments, built-in travel stop to prevent over-tightening or compressive strain on diaphragm, position indicator at top of valve, PVDF gas barrier (protects EPDM backing from gas permeation) standard on all valve with PTFE diaphragm.
- True union design permits installation or repairs without expanding pipeline
- Rugged-square body and bonnet are of solid thermoplastic for maximum corrosion resistance
- Uniquely designed body and bonnet together with diaphragms of new sealing designs by the state-of-the-art computer aided analysis for superior sealing
- Weir design for excellent throttling
- Full-vacuum rated
- Bonnet seals to protect internals from corrosive environments
- Adjustable travel stop to prevent diaphragm from being over-tightened
- Bayonet structure to connect compressor and diaphragm for quick maintenance
- Integrally molded bottom stand for simple yet firm panel mounting
- Indicator at the top for valve position
- PVDF gas barrier, which protects EPDM backing cushion from gas permeation, is standard for all valves with PTFE diaphragm
- Low profile