Type-14 Flanged Diaphragm Valve
The type-14 diaphragm valve features improved body to bonnet sealing performance, visual position indication, weir design for excellent throttling capabilities and built in travel stop to prevent over-tightening and eliminate compressive strain. Bubble-tight sealing can be achieved even in tough applications containing suspended particles or slurries.
Asahi's type-14 diaphragm valve features a layered EPDM/PTFE diaphragm which can accept the addition of a PVDF gas barrier for aggressive chemicals such as sodium hypochlorite. These aggressive chemicals produce an off-gas that can permeate the typical laminated PTFE layer and actually become delaminated in this highly corrosive environment leading to a potentially hazardous situation. The type-14's three-layer diaphragm, includes a gas barrier layer, which prevents this from ever occurring. The type-14 diaphragm valve body is of one-piece molded construction and is not fabricated. For maximum corrosion resistance, the type-14 diaphragm valve's rugged body and bonnet are manufactured from solid thermoplastic materials. The type-14 diaphragm valve can be pneumatically or electrically actuated.
Ideal Applications Include:
Throttling, slurry lines, chemical processing, bleach plants, aquariums, mining, water treatment, landfills, swimming pools, semiconductor manufacturing
Features & Benefits:
Bubble tight sealing even in applications such as slurries or suspended particles, bonnet seals to protect internals from corrosive environments, built-in travel stop to prevent over-tightening or compressive strain on diaphragm, position indicator at top of valve, PVDF gas barrier (protects EPDM backing from gas permeation) standard on all valve with PTFE diaphragm.
- Flanged (ANSI) face-to-face dimensions are equivalent to most commonly used metallic valves
- Rugged body and bonnet are of solid thermoplastic for maximum corrosion resistance
- Uniquely designed body and bonnet together with diaphragms of new sealing designs by computer dynamic analysis for superior sealing
- Weir design for excellent throttling
- Bubble-tight sealing, even in applications such as slurries or suspended particles
- Bonnet seals to protect internals from corrosive environments
- Built-in travel stop to prevent over-tightening or compressive strain on diaphragm
- Integrally molded bottom stand for simple yet firm panel mounting
- Indicator at the top for indication of valve position and prevention of over-tightening
- PVDF gas barrier, which protects EPDM backing from gas permeation, is standard for all valves with PTFE Diaphragm
- Low profile
- Bayonet structure to connect compressor and diaphragm easy diaphragm replacement
Note: Actuated and Flanged connection valves are special order with a 3-4 week average lead time.
Asahi Part Numbers: 1463005, 1463007, 1463010, 1463012, 1463015, 1463020, 1463025, 1463030, 1463040, 1464005, 1464007, 1464010, 1464012, 1464015, 1464020, 1464025, 1464030, 1464040