Low Torque AV Gaskets
Asahi valve gaskets offer a unique double convex ring design that gives optimum sealing with only 1/3 the torque commonly required with flat faced gaskets. Asahi/America offers EPDM gaskets from 1/2 to 12 in.; PTFE-bonded EPDM gaskets in sizes from 1/2 to 12 in.; and PVDF-bonded EPDM gaskets from 1/2 to 10 in.
AV low torque gaskets provide a bubble tight seal for flanged valve and piping connections. They feature a small bolt torque requirement for ease of installation and for accommodating a variety of thermoplastic valves, piping and fittings. All styles include two molded concentric sealing rings for confident sealing abilities. The sulfur-cured rubber is made to fit with flat faced flanges and is available with either a PVDF or PTFE laminated sealing surface for aggressive chemical or high purity installations.
Ideal Applications Include:
Chemical processing, bleach plants, aquariums, mining, water treatment, landfills, swimming pools, power plants
Features & Benefits:
- PTFE or PVDF bonded EPDM for maximum corrosion resistance and high fluid purity
- Perfect sealing at low bolt tightening torque ratings for longer gasket life
- Ideal for plastic piping systems, as well as metal or plastic-lined metal systems
- Sulfur cured
- Approximately 1/3 of the bolt tightening torque compared with flat or envelope type gasket
- PTFE bonded gasket available for the most corrosive applications
- PVDF bonded gasket ideal for the following:
- Semiconductor industry due to its purity
- Aggressive chemicals (strong acids, bases, halogens)
- Volatile media (fluids that generate gas): PVDF has a permeability of about 1/50th of PTFE
- Proprietary laminating process for bonding to EPDM that allows for the greater elasticity required for low torque gaskets
Flange connections are an essential part of every piping system. For detachable connections to butterfly valves or transitions to other materials, Asahi/AmericaÍs backing rings, installed with plastic stub end flanges, are the ideal solution to provide a force-locking connection offering superior safety for any system.
Features & Benefits:
- Fiberglass reinforced PP coated steel
- Available in UV resistant black or Euro grey PP
- Sized specifically for DIN metric piping
- Standard stock of ANSI 150# bolt pattern
- JIS and DIN patterns available